Fire Department Incident Reports February 14, 2014

Lamar Fire Trucks (2)

Saturday, February 8

At 5:18 pm on February 8, fire personnel were dispatched to a carbon monoxide incident located at 811 South 13th Street in Lamar.  Upon arrival at the scene, Engineer Kemp investigated the area with the 4-gas monitor.  The occupants stated that the alarm had been activated approximately three minutes before calling emergency services.  Deputy Chief Burkhart arrived on scene and instructed the residents to turn on the heater.  Engineer Kemp began picking up carbon monoxide on the 4-gas detector, achieved high of 25 ppm with an LEL of 11.  The occupants were advised to contact their landlord and find new living arrangements.  Atmos Energy was notified and Deputy Chief Burkhart stayed on scene to verify a second reading.

Filed Under: Fire Department-RespondersLamarProwers CountyPublic SafetyUtilities


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.