Fire Department Incident Reports May 6, 2013

Lamar Fire Trucks (5)

Saturday, May 4

At 10:00 pm on Saturday, May 4, fire personnel were dispatched to 1312 S. 8th Street in Lamar on report of a fire on the porch of a residence.  The fire took place on the back porch of the residence and witnesses stated that they were standing across the alley when they noticed the fire and called 911.  Upon arrival at the scene, the fire was out.  Witnesses state that they used a garden hose to extinguish the fire prior to the arrival of fire personnel.  There was a significant amount of cigarette butts on the ground around the porch indicating that the possible cause of the fire could had been a discarded cigarette butt that was not properly extinguished.  It may have fallen between the decking materials and then ignited the deck material.  Estimated property loss is $2000.

Sunday, May 5

At 10:27 pm on Sunday, May 5, fire personnel were dispatched to 103 Mills Street in Lamar on report of a gasoline or other flammable liquid spill.  The chemical spill was approximately two gallons of automotive solvent.  Fire personnel cleaned the spill and gathered information for report.

Filed Under: communityCountyFeaturedLamarProwers CountyPublic Safety


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.