Insulation Fire Claims Trailer Home

(Courtesy Photo)

(Courtesy Photo)


Early reports indicate electrical arcing on electrical heat tape caused insulation covering water lines to catch fire and burn from the pipe to other segments of a trailer home on CR3 near the Lamar Airport Saturday morning.

The Prowers County Rural Fire Department responded at 9:43am, just minutes after the alarm was called in at 9:39am.  The occupants were out of the home when the fire department arrived.  Smoke was emanating from the skirting under the mobile home and the fire was coming from the hot water heater area which had an exterior access door.  The home owner turned off the gas supply and thermal imaging found that the fire had spread to the wall of the middle bedroom and next to the entrance door.  The fire was brought under control by 10:20am.

Filed Under: communityCountyFeaturedFire Department-RespondersLamarMedia ReleaseProwers CountyPublic SafetyUtilities


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.