Shed Fire in Lamar Quickly Extinguished


Firemen Extinguish Logs and Shed Fire

 Lamar Fire and Police Departments responded to a fire in the 100 block of North 7 Street in Lamar Friday morning, September 14.  A shed and firewood stacked against it was burning when responders arrived on the scene shortly after 8am.  There were no injuries.

Portion of Backyard Shed Caught Fire

 Lamar Fire Chief Marshall Cook said an investigation will determine if the fire started outside the shed and burned its way in through the pile of wood, or the other way around.  The shed housed a small chest type freezer, plus what appeared to be some electrical equipment and wiring.   Estimated dollar loss was $2,000.

One resident in the house says he just looked out his backyard window and saw the flames and immediately called for help.  A portion of West Hickory Street and North 7 Street was blocked off to traffic.

By Russ Baldwin

Filed Under: CitycommunityFeaturedLamarPolice ReportsPublic SafetyUtilities


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.