Fire Department Incident Reports March 11, 2014

Fire Truck 2

March 10, 2014

At 1:01 pm on March 10, fire personnel were dispatched to CR 8.5 and CR DD.8 in Lamar on report of an authorized controlled burn.  The fire crew was called by the water department to burn a pile of tumble weeds that had blown into an open reservoir.  The site was evaluated and deemed fit to dispose of by burning.  Fire personnel stood by while the water department burned several piles of weeds and brush.

At 2:35 pm on March 10, fire personnel were dispatched to another authorized controlled burn taking place at 1200 South 1st Street in Lamar.  Again, the water department called regarding burning weeds in the waterway in Willow Creek.  The site was evaluated and deemed fir to clean up by burning.  Fire crew stood by while personnel burned weeds and grasses.

March 11, 2014

At 12:41 am on March 11, dispatch notified fire crews of a carbon monoxide incident located at 400 East College Road in Lamar.  Upon arrival, fire personnel found the occupants of the dwelling outside who stated that the alarm had been blinking for move to fresh air.  Engineer Kemp and Firefighter Ramierez entered the building with a 4-gas detector, gathering CO levels.  They registered a reading on average of 56 ppm upstairs and 10 ppm downstairs.  Chief Cook arrived on scene and took incident command.  Atmos Energy was notified via Prowers County Dispatch.  Upon arrival, the Atmos Energy representative confirmed the high CO readings within the residence.  Occupants were advised to seek other lodgings for the night.

Filed Under: communityCountyFire Department-RespondersLamarProwers CountyPublic SafetyUtilities


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.