Fire Department Incident Reports October 17, 2013

Lamar Fire Trucks (1)

Thursday, October 10

At 7:26 am on October 10, fire personnel were dispatched to a smoke detector activation located at 322 South Main Street in Lamar at the Alamo Apartments.  Upon arrival at the scene, fire personnel found no outward signs of a fire, and upon examination of the fire system it was found to be in default.  The detector had been covered during a remodeling.  The alarm was cleared after investigation of the ground floor.  The owner of the building was notified of the faulty alarm system.

At 5:35 pm on October 10, fire personnel were dispatched to South Highway 287 and Road CC on report of a multiple vehicle accident with injuries.  Fire personnel were stood down en route after medical arrived at  the scene of the accident.  Medical determined that extrication was not needed so fire personnel returned to service.

Friday, October 11

At 9:40 am on October 11, fire personnel were dispatched to a gas leak at 709 West Pearl Street in Lamar.  They were called to the scene for a gas meter that had been run over by a vehicle and began leaking natural gas.  Fire personnel established that there was a strong smell of natural gas but no fire.  Fire personnel donned full turnouts and proceeded to the gas meter to investigate.  The gas meter was broken above the valve, so fire personnel closed the valve and shut down the meter.  Fire personnel confirmed with Prowers County Dispatch that Atmos Energy had been notified.

At 9:51 pm on October 11, fire personnel were dispatched to the back parking lot of the Catholic Church at 600 East Parmenter Street in Lamar on report of a contained trash or rubbish fire. Engineer Kemp responded due to the unknown nature of the fire and the possibility of other structures becoming involved.  While en route, Prowers County Dispatch advised fire personnel that the fire looked to be a trash fire and that the Lamar Police Department was on the scene.  Upon arrival at the scene, fire personnel found a torn notebook on fire in the parking lot.  The fire was extinguished.  The reporting party left before information could be obtained.

Sunday, October 13

At 6:16 pm on October 13, fire personnel were dispatched to 306 East Maple in Lamar on report of an alarm activation.  The call was cancelled en route by the alarm company.  The family had been cooking dinner and the smoke/steam from the food activated the alarm.  Fire personnel checked with the people involved and Chief Cook to inform them of the policy regarding false alarms.  The residents noted that the alarm system was new to them because it had been installed last week.

Filed Under: communityCountyFire Department-RespondersHealthLamarLaw EnforcementProwers CountyPublic SafetyUtilities


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.