Fire Department Incident Reports June 9, 2014

Fire Truck 3

Wednesday, June 4

At 3:01pm on June 4, fire personnel were dispatched to 208 Maxwell Street in Lamar on report of a gas leak, specifically that a gas meter had been hit and was slowly leaking. Upon arrival at the scene, fire crews found a single-story residence with the gas meter in the alley. The gas meter was close to the garage and had been hit, but no smell of gas was present in the warm zone. Upon entering the hot zone, fire personnel noted a gas smell then successfully shut down and secured the gas meter. Information was obtained, including from the vehicle that hit the meter which was a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. Atmos Energy and Lamar Police Department were notified.

Sunday, June 8

At 9:51 am on June 8, fire personnel were dispatched to a gas spill located at 300 North Main Street in Lamar. Fire crews were called to the scene for a gas spill measuring greater than 10×10 per Prowers County Dispatch. Upon arrival, fire personnel found a gas spill measuring approximately 10’x4’ located immediately at the base of the Southern-most pump. Fire crew contained the spill utilizing approximately 1 bag of oil dry. Spill was successfully contained and cleaned. Engineer Kemp obtained information and identified the responsible party as Heather Hudson. Hudson stated that the spill was an accident that happened while fueling her vehicle.

Filed Under: communityFire Department-RespondersLamarUtilities


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.