Fire Department Incident Reports December 17, 2013

Lamar Fire Trucks (1)

Friday, December 13

At 12:13 pm on December 13, fire crews were dispatched to 1704 South Main Street in Lamar on report of a gasoline or other flammable liquid spill.  Dispatch noted that the incident involved a semi truck with a puncture to the fuel tank at the car wash on South Main.  Upon arrival at the scene, fire personnel found a semi truck with the left side tank punctured by the drain grate.  Leak rate was slow and draining into the sand trap.  Absorbent pads were placed in the sand trap and a man hole cover was removed to check for travel of the leak.  It was determined that the leak did not extend past the sand trap.  The truck was backed up to clear the grate from the hole in the tank.  Plug and patch material was placed over the hole in the tank to stop the leak.  The grate was removed from under the truck and pads were placed under it to check for leaks.  Absorbent pads were removed from the sand trap and disposed of in a safe container.  All units returned to service after determining that the leak had been contained.  The driver was advised to get to a repair shop as soon as possible to repair the fuel tank.

Sunday, December 15

At 10:39 am on December 15, fire personnel were dispatched to a CO detector sounding at 311 North 1st Street in Lamar.  Upon arrival, fire crew spoke to the home owner.  The owner stated that the CO alarm had been chirping since the day before but said she was not experiencing any signs or symptoms of CO inhalation.  The owner was informed that the battery was low or about to die, to which she responded that she would replace it that afternoon.

At 3:28 pm on December 15, fire personnel were dispatched to 311 North 1st Street in Lamar for a CO detector activation due to malfunction.  Upon arrival at the scene, fire personnel removed the battery from the malfunctioning device.  They checked the home for CO but none was detected.  Fire crew advised that Atmos should be called to send a tech to come check on the residence. Information was gathered.

At 8:34 pm on December 15, fire personnel were dispatched to 203 Woodland Drive in Lamar on report of an alarm system sounding.  Upon arrival at the scene, fire crew entered the residence to investigate and found no smoke but steam from the shower in the hall.  Information was gathered.

Filed Under: Fire Department-RespondersLamarPublic Safety


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.