Fire Department Incident Reports July 11, 2013

Fire Department Fire Truck 1

Thursday, July 4

At 12:31 pm on Thursday, July 4, fire personnel were dispatched to a vehicle accident located at 1703 South 12th Street in Lamar.  Upon arrival at the scene, it was found that a pickup had driven into the side of a home.  The inside of the home was checked for any structural damage, but none was found.  A minimum amount of fluids was found on the ground and no cleanup was deemed necessary.

Saturday, July 6

At 11:39 am on Saturday, July 6, fire personnel were dispatched to a gas leak located at 500 North 13th Street in Lamar.  Upon arrival, fire personnel found that the property owner was pulling tree stumps with a back hoe and one of the stump’s roots had been wrapped around the natural gas line that traveled along the property.  The pipe was pulled apart.  Atmos Energy arrived and used the back hoe to dig up the pip while fire personnel stood by.  Atmos Energy plugged the pipe and stopped the leak.

Sunday, July 7

At 7:48 pm on Sunday, July 7, fire personnel were dispatched to an alarm system sounding at 206 East Cedar Street in Lamar.  Fire personnel arrived on the scene to find that the occupant had burned some bacon which activated the smoke detector.  The smoke had been cleared from the building prior to the arrival of firefighters.  No fire or hazardous conditions were found.

Monday, July 8

At 12:48 pm on Monday, July 8, fire personnel were dispatched to an unintentional smoke detector activation at the Lamar Community College, 2401 South Main Street in Lamar.  Upon arrival, fire personnel spoke with Sean Lirey, Security.  There had been a false alarm in the Trustees Building of LCC due to construction workers grinding metals in the hallway which activated the alarm.  Lirey noted that construction was going on in the building but that construction workers had been informed that any necessary grinding needed to be done outside.  There was no fire and only minor smoke from the metals.  The alarm system was restored and information gathered for report.

Filed Under: communityFire Department-RespondersLamarProwers CountyPublic SafetyUtilities


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.