Fire Department Incident Reports June 18, 2013

Fire Truck 2

Monday, June 17

At 4:18pm on Monday, June 17, Lamar Fire personnel were dispatched to a smoke alarm at 1102 S. 11th Street in Lamar.  Upon arrival, fire personnel found that the home owner had burnt some food and there was no threat to life or property.  The occupant was instructed to open her doors and windows to ventilate the house.

At 4:37pm on Monday, June 17, Lamar Fire personnel were dispatched to a possible structure fire at 500 S. 8th Street in Lamar.  While en route to the site, fire personnel could see heavy smoke from Main and Parmenter.  Upon arrival, they found heave smoke coming from the side of the structure and from a window.  There was a single occupant inside the home when the fire started and fire personnel treated the individual.  The occupant stated that the fire had started in a bedroom in the rear of the house and was caused by a cigarette.  Crew members entered the house and were able to get to the bedroom involved.  They reported that it was a contents fire and the fire was out by the time they reached the room.  Fire personnel exited the house, stated that the fire was out and that they would go back in to start salvage and overhaul.  The crew investigated the ceiling and found no further extension of the fire.

Amended Fire Incident Report from Wednesday, June 12

At 2:22 pm on Wednesday, June 12, Lamar Fire personnel were dispatched to a medical assist at the Prowers Medical Center located at 401 Kendall Street in Lamar.  The assistance required involved the biohazard decontamination of an EMS patient and crew.  Upon arrival, fire personnel found PMC ER personnel outside of the ER setting up PMC’s decontamination tent with the ambulance sitting directly in front of it.  The ER staff stated that they were told by the ambulance crew that the patient had been found laying on the floor of a house that was filled with human feces, dog feces, rotten meat and bones.  ER staff noted that the patient was covered in a material that presented a biohazard and requested assistance in the decontamination of the patient.  Hazmat Technician B. Kemp and M. Widener along with RN H. Perdue of PMC ER dressed in Level B Tybek suits, N95 masks and eye goggles.  The patient was moved into the decontamination tent and the three personnel proceeded to clean and decontaminate the patient.  The patient was moved into the ER and the ambulance crew was then taken to the decontamination showers inside of the building.  All clean up of the scene was completed by PMC staff.

Filed Under: Fire Department-RespondersLamarProwers CountyPublic Safety


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.