Candle Cause of Sunday House Fire in Lamar


Photos and Video by Russ Baldwin – Click on a picture to see a larger image. 


A candle left burning on a desk, ignited in a bedroom in the 200 Block of South 12th Street in Lamar Sunday afternoon, July 24.  The Lamar Fire and Police Departments and EMT’s responded to the call at about 1:15pm and found smoke coming from the roof line of the house.  The fire originated in a bedroom where the candle apparently caught fire to the desk on which it had been placed.  The fire was confined to the back bedroom, but the house suffered from smoke, heat and water damage.  There were no injuries.  The fire was quickly extinguished and the departments left the scene at 2:45pm.

By Russ Baldwin

Filed Under: FeaturedLamarLaw EnforcementPublic SafetyUtilities


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.