Minor Fire at Blue Spruce Motel

Burning Linen is Pulled from Blue Spruce Motel Room

The Lamar Fire and Ambulance Departments responded to a minor fire call at 1:30pm, Tuesday, September 25, at the Blue Spruce Motel on Highway 50 in Lamar. There were no injuries.

The fire was located in one a single motel room midway in the motel complex and was started by a fuel burner/boiler malfunction in a gas dryer. Several linens were ignited by the dryer which was not damaged. The linens were brought out to the parking lot where they were extinguished while a smoke blower cleared the room and a scan was conducted by an infrared detector for any hidden hot spots. Estimated damage was $250.

By Russ Baldwin

Editor’s Note: Correction
According to Blue Spruce Motel owner, Anis Malkan, there was $3,000 damage to the dryer which was located in the laundry room of the motel.

Firemen Extinguishing the Burning Linen at Blue Spruce

Filed Under: communityFeaturedLamar


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.