Business of the Week – Partnership for Progress, LLC

You help your community thrive when you shop locally!

Be sure to read The Prowers Journal each week when the Lamar Chamber of Commerce
and The Prowers Journal highlight a featured Business of the Week.

This week we are proud to spotlight the Partnership for Progress, LLC located in Lamar.
Call them at: 719.829-0478


“Partnership for Progress – September is Recovery Month”

Since 2006, Partnership for Progress has been providing comprehensive outpatient behavioral health treatment and recovery support services in the High Plains region, with offices in Lamar and Springfield. September is recognized as “Recovery Month,” and the staff of PFP wants you to know that they are available to help with a variety of problems that may be facing you, your family members, friends, co-workers or employees.

Wide Range of Services Provided
PFP offers substance abuse treatment, drug testing, domestic violence offender counseling, court-ordered DUI/MIP treatment, anger management, moral reconation therapy, sex offender therapy, relapse prevention, medication-assisted therapy, co-occurring treatment, and Seeking Safety classes for women. PFP counselors use Brief Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) approaches, utilizing evidence-based practices whenever possible. Medication management, case management and family therapy are also available.

NEW Ignition Interlock Program
For people who are facing the consequences of a DUI conviction, PFP is pleased to announce the addition of Interlock Enhancement Counseling beginning in October 2012. Ignition Interlock is the breathalyzer device attached to a person’s car ignition that must have a passing reading before the car will start. Individuals must have an interlock restricted driver’s license and interlock installed on their vehicle to participate in the program. This is the only program that allows you to acquire more than two hours of treatment in a week, which means you will be able to complete DUI treatment five weeks early.

Integrated Specialty Care
Studies show that only 10% of people in need of substance abuse treatment pick up the phone and call for services from a treatment provider. The other 90% become aware of their need for help at their doctor’s office or during an encounter with law enforcement. For that reason, PFP has integrated its services at the High Plains Community Health Center and the Lamar High School’s WHELL Clinic, where services are easily accessible and care can be coordinated with local primary care providers.

Award Winning Program
Partnership for Progress was named “Exceptional Rural Program” by the 2010 Harold E. Hughes Awards of Excellence, National Rural Alcohol and Drug Abuse Network, Inc. In 2011, PFP was also chosen as one of eleven ACT: Advancing Care Together grant recipients to fund its integrated care initiative at the High Plains Community Health Center.

Meet the Staff
Lamar-native Barbara White provides substance abuse counseling at High Plains Clinic, including support for patients in need of co-occurring mental health counseling. Fellow-native Kathy McCorkle provides court-ordered education and treatment for DUI clients, Strategies for Self-Improvement and Change (SSC) and Pathways Adolescent SSC for court-ordered clients. She also provides Relapse Prevention, Anger Management and individual substance abuse counseling. Theresa Bauer provides Domestic Violence and Substance Abuse Counseling at the Lamar office. Richard Hill provides Drug Testing services, and Constance Brase is the Behavioral Health Liaison to the community. Partnership for Progress is led by Director, Paul Sedillo, and Ron Hawf serves as Clinical Supervisor. Leah Miller is the office receptionist.

For more information
For more information about PFP’s services and programs, or to schedule a free consultation, call receptionist Leah Miller at 719-336-0478.

Filed Under: BusinessBusiness of the WeekChamber/Local BusinesscommunityEducationEmploymentFeaturedHealthLamar


About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.