The Prowers County Democrats will be holding their CAUCUS, March 1, 2016 @ the Lamar High School, with registration beginning @ 6:00pm, and the CAUCUS convening at 7:00pm.
Prowers County Democrats – CAUCUS
TUESDAY, – March 1, 2016 – 6PM Registration / 7:00 CAUCUS
Lamar High School
1900 S. 11th Street
Lamar, CO 81052
ALL PRECINCTS: 1, 2, 3, 4 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
In order to vote in any precinct caucus of a political party a voter must be:
- A resident of the precinct for at least 30 days.
- Registered to vote no later than 29 days before the caucus.
- Affiliated with the party holding the caucus for at least 2 months before the caucus.
At the Prowers County Democrats CAUCUS, the following agenda take place:
1) A Presidential Preference Poll is taken to elect delegates to the County Assembly/Convention. Since Colorado does not include the Presidential candidates in the Colorado Primary (06/28/2016), the Caucus provides the opportunity for registered Democrats to indicate their preference for Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton, in order to earn the most delegates to proceed to the Prowers County Assembly/Convention (to be scheduled in March), followed by the Congressional District (CD4) & State Convention (April 15- 16; Loveland, CO), and finally the National Convention (July 25-/28; Philadelphia, PA), where 79 Delegates from Colorado will participate in the nomination process at the Democratic National Convention.
2) Bob Seay (of Lamar), Democratic candidate for US Congress (CD4), challenging Republican US Representative, Ken Buck, will address caucus participants.
3) Precinct Committee Persons will be elected to represent their precinct for two years.
4) Platform ideas are submitted for acceptance at the Prowers County Assembly/Convention. .
* For additional information, please contact Jillane Hixson, chairman for Prowers County Democrats at 719-336-4285.
About the Author: