- January 4, 2016 Last day to affiliate with a major or minor party to run as a party candidate in the primary (either through nomination or petition). What this means is if you want to run as a candidate affiliated with a political party you must be registered with that party by this date.
- January 4, 2016 Last day to register as unaffiliated to access the ballot by petition as an unaffiliated candidate. What this means is if you want to petition on the ballot as an unaffiliated candidate you must be registered as unaffiliated by this date.
- January 4, 2016 Last day to affiliate with a political party (Republican or Democratic Party) in order to vote in the precinct caucus if held on March 1st. (2 months before the precinct caucus) What this means is if you are not registered at all or you want change affiliation and would like to register with a political party to support a candidate in that parties’ caucus, this is your deadline to do so in order to participate in that parties caucus. The 2016 Election Calendar may be found on the Colorado Secretary of State’s website at: http://www.sos.state.co.us/
- Prowers County Clerk’s Office will be closed December 24 and December 25, 2015 and on January 1, 2016 so our employees can spend time with their families for the holidays!
- Method of Voting: All General, Primary, Congressional Vacancy, Coordinated, Odd-Year and Recall elections shall be by Mail Ballot Delivery. Mail Ballot Delivery Election means an election for which eligible (active) electors may receive ballots by mail and vote by mailing those ballots or depositing the ballots at a drop-off location.
About the Author: