Deadlines next week for the 2016 Election Cycle:
- January 4, 2016 Last day to affiliate with a major or minor party to run as a party candidate in the primary (either through nomination or petition). What this means is if you want to run as a candidate affiliated with a political party you must be registered with that party by this date.
- January 4, 2016 Last day to register as unaffiliated to access the ballot by petition as an unaffiliated candidate. What this means is if you want to petition on the ballot as an unaffiliated candidate you must be registered as unaffiliated by this date.
- January 4, 2016 Last day to affiliate with a political party (Republican or Democratic Party) in order to vote in the precinct caucus if held on March 1st. (2 months before the precinct caucus) What this means is if you are not registered at all or you want change affiliation and would like to register with a political party to support a candidate in that parties’ caucus, this is your deadline to do so in order to participate in that parties caucus. Clerk & Recorder/Motor Vehicle Office will be closed on Friday, January 1, 2016 for the New Year’s Holiday so our employees can spend time with their families for the holidays.
- REMINDERS: In order to vote in the June 28, 2016 Primary Election you must affiliate with a political party Democratic or Republican. May 27, 2016 is the last day to change or withdraw from major political party affiliation.
- 2016 Primary Election will be held Tuesday, June 28, 2016 and the General Election will be held Tuesday, November 8, 2016. Both elections will be an all-mail ballot delivery. All voters that are active will be mailed a ballot to the address we have on file. You may also verify your voting information i.e. address and party affiliation, online with the Secretary of State’s Office at: www.govotecolorado.com
About the Author: